The 10 is a collection of 10 greatest questions we could think of. Periodically, we will present “the 10″ questions to members of our music and arts community and share their answers with you. Here is “The 10″ with answers by none other than BEN FISHER
1) Given that you have the acting skills to do it, which three movie characters would you want to go back in time and portray?
- The Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz. I was tragically overlooked in the 5th grade and was given the role of the Mayor of the Munchkins in the school production instead of the part I was dying for. I was chosen as the Tin Man’s understudy, but unfortunately the lead role did not come down with the flu.
- Harold in Harold and Maude
- Robbie Robertson in The Last Waltz. Nobody likes Robbie, he’s like The Band’s version of Ringo, except more malicious.
2) If you died and ended up in a place where you were told that you had to choose one moment in your life that you would exist in for all of eternity, what moment would you choose? (Taken from the film, After Life)
I once met Joan Baez, and she shook my hand with both of hers. I’d gladly spend eternity with Joan Baez clutching my hand.
3) Pick one: Choose Your Own Adventure Books, or Madlibs. Explain
Madlibs are much less a matter of life or death. I never trusted myself with the Choose Your Own Adventure books. I knew turning to page 88 would lead to me getting eaten by a bear. So Madlibs.
4) If you could have any band follow you throughout your day-to-day life, supplying your theme music, what band would you choose?
Mavis Staples. She’d make even the most mundane things soulful. Tying my shoe? Boom. It’s got soul. Getting on the bus, she could sing “I’ll Take You There” and make it an extremely fervent mode of transportation.
5) If you could choose one place on earth to live the rest of your days, where would that be? Do you live there now? If not, why not?
London has such an amazing mix of old and new and is a big enough city to keep me occupied until the end of my days. No, I don’t live there now because I have no urge to leave our wonderful emerald city just yet.
6) Picture yourself as an owner of a small neighborhood store. What would you be selling?
Eyeglass repair kits, salt and vinegar chips, Tintin comic books, VHS copies of Fawlty Towers, chapstick, coffee beans, mangosteens, and Barbeque ducks hanging in the window.
7) Name a book or story that you would like to see made into a film.
Summerland by Michael Chabon was one of my favorite books from when I was a kid. There were talks to make it into a movie, but I think it was scrapped.
8)What makes peoples jaw drop when you say “I have never ________”?
Seen Forest Gump
9) What film best summarizes your teenage years?
10) Gandalf or the color green?
I only saw the LOTR trilogy once, and didn’t read any of the books except for the Hobbit. The thing that stuck with me from the films was how dirty the bottom of Gandalf’s robes get when they’re traipsing around in the mud. The color green.
You can join Ben Fisher on April 17th when he plays the first in our “Tribute Show” concert series alongside Tony Kevin Jr. The Tribute Show is an evening where two songwriters come together to cover each others songs and talk about what the other person’s songs mean to them. Not only will the $13 admission grant you access to the show, it will also buy you a split CD between the two artists.
Tickets available here - http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/330442
Ben Fisher is also currently raising money to fund the recording and release of his debut LP – Please consider visiting his Kickstarter page here to contribute.